Introducing Animas Vibe -
Animas® Vibe™, the first and only continuous glucose monitoring (CGM)-enabled insulin pump system with Dexcom G4™ CGM technology. Animas® Vibe™ brings together the unique features of an Animas® insulin pump and the convenience of Dexcom CGM, which is the only sensor approved for up to seven days of wear.
"Diabetes is a demanding disease. Companies like Dexcom and Animas work tirelessly to provide people living with diabetes relief in the day-to-day, hour-by-hour management that is required with this chronic condition," said Dr. Anhalt. "By combining high-performance pumping with state-of-the-art CGM technology, we're able to bring people with diabetes tools to better manage their disease."
Animas® Vibe™ marks the first integrated product offering from Animas Corporation, makers of high-performance insulin pump technology and Dexcom, Inc., the leader in continuous glucose sensing technologies. Now approved in Europe, the product will initially be available to people living with diabetes in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy and Sweden.
Animas® Vibe™ offers:
- The latest technology available from Dexcom – Dexcom G4™, a tiny, round and flexible sensor with the smallest introducer needle as compared to Abbott Freestyle Navigator® and Medtronic Sof-Sensor®
- Advanced high-contrast colour pump screen technology, that displays glucose trends with coloured arrows and lines showing where and how fast glucose levels are shifting
- Dexcom sensor technology approved for up to seven days of wear, delivering more days of CGM data than those approved for a shorter duration
- Waterproof durability up to 12 feet (3.6 metres) for 24 hours for the insulin pump, with a Dexcom G4™ Transmitter that is waterproof at 8 feet (2.4 metres) for 24 hours
- Customizable alarms to indicate high and low glucose levels including a hypo-safety alarm fixed at 55 mg/dL (3.1mmol/L)
- Low basal increment (0.025 U/hr) across all available ranges (0.025 U/hr to 25.00 U/hr) for precise dosing
- Compatibility with Diasend® communications software, enabling patients to store, review and print both CGM and insulin pump data