Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My shortest blog ever

I saw a status on a friends facebook page - and it was one of those crappy status shuffle programs, so not much thought went into the selection on their part,  but it really spoke to me.   I wanted to share it.


Isnt it strange that friends can become like family and family; like strangers?



I dont know what your experience has been like - but Im not taking any crap from anyone now my son has been diagnosed.   Its long overdue, I shouldve stood up for myself years ago!  Has diabetes empowered you?    I figure Im dealing with life and death daily.   Im tired.   Im working hard at being my sons pancreas.  I have no time for selfish people, drama and insignificant details.  

Life is so much bigger, and more wonderful and more precious than some people can ever comprehend. 

6 comments:

  1. A T1D diagnosis definitely impacts your perspective, doesn't it?!

    I'm with you on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...well...actually it's led me to giving the proverbial finger to a few "friends" who just refused to try to understand. But really I think it's given me the insight to how significant time is and that others whom are careless about their words/behavior aren't worth my families time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I've seen that button before and, I felt convicted myself! At the risk of sounding trite, I can honestly say that I have learned a LOT about life from raising a child with Diabetes. It has a way of bringing priorities into focus and screening out unnecessary drama for sure. Great perspective and reminder....thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We lost pretty much every "friend" we had after Elise was dx'd. Since we have no family here, it has made the journey VERY lonely and hard.

    It sucks how isolating this disease is. I just don't understand why people are so unwilling to try and understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. Im just trying to move on from this post. Its obviously an issue for me and bugging me a bit. Perhaps there will be a part 2?

    ReplyDelete